Curriculum Vitae / Resume
Successfully transformed and uplifted business capabilities while lowering TCO on over 300 successful projects and programs. Delivered solutions via strategic leadership roles on programs exceeding $1B+.
Multi-industry strategic roles, from web-startups & advertising-agencies to Fortune 100 global enterprises in Healthcare, Finance, and Insurance. Experience with managing or directing teams of all sizes.
Industry Experience (Months)
Some Primary Methodologies:
Pragmatic Architecture: Creative sampling of a variety of methodologies: TOGAF, SEI, ITIL, and eSDM; with Lean, Waterfall, and Scaled AGILE (SAFe) to ensure successful delivery with minimal risk. Agnostic-first architecture approaches with an emphasis on adaptability and pivoting.
Respect Before Bravery: Learn together with peers and business to achieve higher quality objectives, with faster-speed-to-market through architecture exercises, modeling, and roadmaps.
Design Thinking for All: Creative approaches to achieve market differentiation and higher quality for customers and members. Design and usability first.
Highlights, strategic ownership and implementation of:
Fortune 100 IT portfolios.
Combined Emergent Technology POCs/POTs: e.g 3D Scanning + Virtual Reality
Machine Learning & A.I. POTs/POCs (Proof of Tech/Proof of Concepts)
Efficiency focused Architecture methodology implementations
Digital Transformation platforms of all types (SaaS, PaaS, on-prem, etc.)
On-Prem Platform as a Service implementation and methodologies (PaaS)
Microservice Architecture Practices
Enterprise Customer Experience Strategies and Roadmaps
Company Wide IT Governance and Capital Governance
March 2018 – September 2018
Lead Program Architect
High profile program w/ 100s of IT professionals. Lead Program Architect for Architecture DeliveryServices team, managing 10 solution and integration architects. Strategic consolidation ontoSalesforce Service Cloud of all service centers. SAFe AGILE , averaging 100+ Features delivered perPI / 1 Feature per Day (30+ story count per feature). Opportunistic API integrated platform withmultiple consoles. Launching early September, 2018!
Channel Domain Lead
Office of the CTO, Architecture Domain Lead for all channel (outbound/inbound) communications to members or customers; including all Member and Advisor Self-Service apps, contact centers, and platforms. Governor and reviewer for architecturally significant changes/projects in relation to channel. Provided mentoring, guidance, and consulting to peers and IT on platforms and applications within this domain
July 2016 – DEC 2017
Principal and Chief Architect for Waste Management's National Accounts business unit, Strategic Business Solutions, servicing national clients such as Target and Home Depot with ~$1 Billion in annual revenue. Service areas include construction waste, recycling, diversion, logistics, and more.
- Management of architecture team to solution/deliver projects and programs beneficial to the business.
- Architecture governance, guidance, and road-mapping for a complex brokerage and logistics ecosystem with over 100 dependent systems.
Notable catalysts of architecture improvement include:
- Digital Transformation: Strategic architecture and 5-year modernization of all National Account systems and platforms covering the breadth of the business lifecycle; sales (CRM), pricing (CPQ), contracts and SLAs (CLM), field service management (FSM), and billing/invoicing.
- Burning Platform: full strategic upgrade of the primary revenue data systems to maintain business growth and demand; while also securing a foundation for cloud expansion.
- Architecture Repository: Creation of a full system architecture repository, road maps, interface catalog, and technical debt catalog in an environment devoid of any architecture or technical documentation.
- Total Business Unit Re-platforming Roadmap: Road-mapping the strategic future of all capability areas while collaborating with process improvement to tie process improvement areas directly to proposed estimated strategic programs and projects.
- Innovation Opportunities Analysis: Analysis, conceptual architecture, and proof of concepts for uses of AI, machine learning, or visual cognitive services to automate manual processes at WM.
Sr. Enterprise Solution Architect with alignment to Business/Commercial Insurance, providing enterprise technology strategy, insight, and guidance for 26+ Travelers business units covering $18~ billion in annual revenue.
OAI-sys (Operations, Architect and Infrastructure Systems) Enterprise Solution Architect accountable for emerging technology strategy on Travelers largest IT program ever executed.
- Executing and authoring various enterprise technology strategies such as PaaS (Platform as a Service), Cloud Application Architecture, Video Streaming & Conferencing, API Management and Voice across all lines of business.
- Domain Team Lead for API Management and API Marketplace teams; exploring and experimenting with various technologies to extend services throughout the enterprise and externally.
- Chair of Cloud Application Readiness Architecture Working Group and Domain Team. Responsible for evangelizing the architecture and use of on-premise Pivotal Cloud Foundry and various tooling across the enterprise of over 2000+ applications.
- Leading and assisting in Proof of Technologies (POCs) such as Virtual Reality (GearVR/Oculus Rift/Unity), 3D Scanning (Intel Realsense/Google Project Tango), and Augmented Reality.
- Participation and facilitation of various LOB (Line of Business) architecture peer reviews utilizing SEI ATAM process at request from Enterprise CIO.
- Review and govern requested application platform and tooling requests across the enterprise through product reviews.
Architecture Governance and Compliance for multi-segment $100 billion/yr revenue enterprise environment averaging over 1500+ program or project reviews per year with minimum budgets of $1M and annual IT spend of $2B+.
- Architecture council and review for enterprise capital committee on programs ranging in scope of 10M to 150M in individual budget.
- Creation and maturation of Architecture Governance and Compliance for 55+ AGILE teams in enterprise.
- Execute and innovate the Architecture Technical Review Process (ATRP) by leading and conducting program, project and application reviews in alignment to TOGAF 9 Architecture Governance & Architecture Compliance framework best practices.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders in preparing for enterprise architecture reviews.
- Document architecture review decisions and maintain repository of governance decisions, project and application review findings.
- Partner and collaborate with UHC architects in application, data, technology, security and other disciplines to resolve architectural dispensations.
- Assist in maturing the Enterprise Architecture capability by developing architecture process, tools and templates and integrating with UHC’s SDLC.
- Mentor and coach peers on enterprise architecture best practices to drive to a mature enterprise architecture capability.
Enterprise Architect responsible for Nationwide Insurance (Exclusive Channel) and Allied (Independent Channel):
- Producer Onboarding
- Contract Management
- Incentive Systems
- Producer/Agent Info.
- Agency Information
- Agent Contracts
- Agent Licensing & Appointments
- Agent Onboarding
- Regulatory Compliance
- Agent Policy Transfers.
Responsible and accountable for the system architecture, technical risk/debt/currency, architecture roadmaps strategy.
Application of various ADM (Architect Development Methodology) concepts to develop and maintain architecture repository, principles, guidelines and vision.
Completion of the Enterprise Architect Value Project, accurately cataloging over 200 IS Services and other TOGAF metamodel data into the enterprise architecture repository.
Member of the highest rated Gallup engagement score team in the Nationwide Enterprise IT area.
Over 100+ work requests and projects completed, successful and notable projects include:
- Enterprise Data Virtualization using Denodo
- Enterprise Contract Management using Emptoris
- Centralized Licensing using RegEd
- Exclusive & Independent Agent Contracts
- Social Networking Data
- Producer Information Master Data Management
Engagement with dozens of various business units and leaders across the enterprise. Contract negotiation and vendor relation engagements.
Overview: Lead Project Architect for Nationwide Bank. Unique vendor-centric IT model.
Defines the project-level architecture including the design of the technical architecture consisting of application, infrastructure and data architecture. Provides technical leadership throughout the project in areas of data, application and infrastructure architecture.
Safeguards the design integrity of the system and ensure that application designs adhere to architectural and product standards defined by ARB and TSB (Architecture Boards). Ensures the successful completion of TQA (Technical Quality Assurance) for the project. Provides technical guidance and resolves questions for all aspects of the architecture, taking an end-to-end view. Coordinates design of interfaces between subsystems and with external systems. Often performed by System Architect responsible for the particular Solution Area impacted by Project deliverables. Accountable for data conversion strategy, plan and requirements. Resolves architectural conflicts across project to ensure consistency and alignment with project and corporate standards.
- Prescreen of One (Winner, 2013 CEO Award)
- Mobile Banking App (First in enterprise)
- Multi Channel Alert Engine
- SAS Bank Modeling and Analytics
- IVR Upgrade
- Custom Card Imaging
- Identity Authentication
- Historical Data Analytics
- Zoot Data Analytics
- Remote Deposit Capture
- CEO Phase 1 : Enhancements
- CEO Phase 2 : External Loan & Transfers
- CEO Phase 3 : Contextual Help
- CEO Phase 4 : MortgageBot Implementation
- CEO Phase 5 : ORCC Conversion
- Tealeaf Implementation
- Overall File Movement Modeling
- Secured Messaging Platform
Utilization of ESDm (Enterprise Software Development Methodology) project methodology to complete various deliverable such as: Conceptual Architecture, System Context, Logical Model, Physical Model, Data Elements Diagram, Component Model, Subsystem Diagram, Diagram Comparisons, Architectural Roadmaps.